Rug cleaning and restoration of Persian Malayer rug from 1900-1910 with antique wool .Professional restoration of a hole in Persian Malayer rug with the old and antique wool .
antiquity: ca. 1850 A.D. Royal flag Ravar kirman source : The secret of the most elegant and precious rugs in the world Dr Reza hekmat-nejad Lion King Party Photo Gallery | Spoonful.com (spoonful.com)
Below you see a type of carpet and rug washed by the customer getting the expensive carpet and rug spoiled, stained, and run. In order to safely wash a carpet, a person requires rich experience and high knowledge of identifying a variety of colors and chemical detergents for cleaning. Actually, while washing a carpet, we should take into account the specific method for the type of carpet at hand on the basis of the kind of its color, material, fibers and wool. On account of these reasons, it is better to assign this specialized work to an expert of this field. In so doing, not only is your carpet completely washed and beautified but it can also be kept safe from any damage to the material and dyes of carpet fibers.
Here as you see, there is a sample of a carpet and rug that a customer has tried to do its washing and cleaning. In fact, this action has unfortunately caused severe color run all over the carpet. However, having rich experience and knowledge in this regard, we made an attempt to remove this damage costing too much and taking time. At the central part and Toranj of the carpet, we could successfully clean the dye bleeding area to 90%.
When washing a carpet and rug , you should meticulously observe the following crucial points:
- Try to wash the carpet and rug just with cool water because hot water makes the dyes of fibers and wool be dissolved and run to other parts of the carpet.
- Try to quickly get water out of the carpet and rug after washing it with the neutral PH detergents because in case of staying water inside the carpet, it goes into the side edges of the carpet and causes dye bleeding of fibers at this area.
- Do not dry the carpet and rug in the sunlight because the sun heat as another damaging factor dissolves the fiber dyes in the water existing inside the carpet and this causes to form colorful stains on the carpet. After washing the carpet, place it on a smooth surface to allow for air circulation. This action indeed gets the carpet really dry and prevents carpet creasing too. In order to facilitate the action of drying, you can put a fan near the carpet to blow the air directing towards two sides, on the carpet and under it or even you can lift a corner of the carpet and use the fan to blow under the carpet.
It should be noted once more that if you have a carpet and rug, you had better give it to an experienced carpet washer rather than wash it yourself; because based on my experience working with carpet cleaning services, carpet dye bleeding is considered to be one of the major irremediable damages to the carpet.
type of repair : washed rug
size of rug :
Tools and material : Scissors , Needle , wool yarn ,
size of rug :
Tools and material : , Scissors , antique wool, hook ,frame
The Kilim was already a darning (repair man) stitch and The quality was low.Previous repair cracks and repair again.
Type of repair : Restoring a Kilim Konya, Turkey
size of rug :
Tools and material : , Scissors , old wool, hook ,frame
Type of repair : Repairing Corner
size of kilim : 6*4 ft
tools and material : weaving hook، Scissors،Your main wool kilim
- Marrakech: and a tale of the glimmering Moroccan kilims (moroccanmaryam.typepad.com)
- Interior Tips (naturalfibresteam.wordpress.com)